Cricketfield Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2AS
It's Tuesday 12:19 PM — We're open
Patient Participation Group – The Patients Voice
We are a small number, at the moment, of interested patients who care about and wish to support our surgery in the first instance, alongside the wider NHS. We meet monthly at The Courtney Centre, 12-1.30 pm but are open to changing this to suit new members and we ask that you attend meetings when you can, there are no expectations of attending all meetings. We would love to hear from registered patients who share our enthusiasm to support Cricketfield Surgery and get involved in helping your fellow patients and community have a dynamic and responsive GP service.
The meetings are attended by staff from Cricketfield Surgery and they are really open to feedback and ideas from the PPG group so you can really make a difference. The current members are also really welcoming and friendly and open to new ideas and input so get in touch and see how you can help out. It’s also worth asking your employer if they have a volunteering policy as you may be able to take the time off work to attend the meetings and even receive your usual pay. Cricketfield Surgery is happy to confirm attendance at meetings if your employer requires this.
We are members of N.A.P.P. so will have both local and nationwide support and input.
In practice ,P.P.G’s can play a number of roles, including:
- Advising the practice on the patient perspective
- Organising health promotion and information events.
- Communicating with the wider patient body.
- Running volunteer services and support groups to meet local needs.
- Carrying out research into the views of those who use the practice(and their carers)
- Influencing the practice or the wider NHS to improve commissioning.
- Fundraising to improve the services, equipment and environment provided by the practice.
The future is exciting as we continue to develop the role of the P.P.G within the practice.
If you are interested in finding out more please contact our Chair.