Cricketfield Surgery

Cricketfield Road, Newton Abbot, TQ12 2AS

Sorry, we're closed

Which COVID-19 Test do I need?

Posted on September 9th, 2021

There appears to be some confusion over which test you should take to check whether you have got COVID-19. 

If you do not have symptoms you should use the Regular Rapid Lateral Flow Tests – Information on Lateral Flow Testing

If you have symptoms of COVID-19

Get a PCR test as soon as possible if you have any of these symptoms, even if mild:

  • a high temperature
  • a new, continuous cough
  • a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste

Stay at home until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test. Check if people you live with need to self-isolate

ALL testing is free. For more information on testing see here


NHS A-Z Conditions
Find Local Services
Live Well